Why Yearly Dryer Vent Maintenance is Crucial
Even if you are meticulous about cleaning your home, there are often some cleaning tasks that may get neglected. One of these under-the-radar tasks is cleaning your dryer vent. In fact, this cleaning chore is often overlooked until the dryer will no longer work correctly. Besides being extremely detrimental to the functionality of your dryer, choosing to ignore dryer vent maintenance can be potentially deadly.
This is why you should call the dryer vent cleaning pros at Integrity Air Care to make sure that your dryer is in tip-top shape. Today we are going to discuss the signs that you need dryer duct cleaning along with the importance of completing this maintenance task. Let’s get started.
SIGNS THAT IT IS TIME FOR DRYER VENT MAINTENANCE
If you notice any of the signs below, it is time to call Integrity Air Care’s dryer vent cleaning pros.
- Clothes taking extended periods of time to dry – If your loads of clothing are taking an abnormally long time to fully dry, this may be a sign that your dryer vent system may be clogged.
- Weird noises – You have heard that you should get your car to a mechanic if it is making odd noises. We are here to tell you that the same rule applies to dryers too. If your unit is sounding odd, it may be time for some dryer vent maintenance.
- Hot, hot, hot – A dryer will become warm when it is operating, especially if you are using cycles other than air dry, but it should never become too hot to touch. If your dryer is overheating, do not use it until you have dryer duct cleaning performed.
REASONS DRYER DUCT CLEANING IS IMPORTANT
If you have never experienced problems with your dryer, you may be wondering why cleaning your ducts is so important. Check out these reasons below.
- Durability – Taking the time to hire dryer vent cleaning pros will allow you to keep your unit in the best condition possible. When you observe regular cleaning of your dryer ducts, you give your technician the chance to identify and remedy problems early on, before they become a huge issue that may shorten the life of your machine.
- Efficient drying – Clogging of your dryer vent will greatly affect the efficiency of your dryer. Lint from clothing and other debris can clog your ductwork and result in poor performance.
- Fire safety – No one wants to think about having their home destroyed by a fire or being injured or worse in such an incident. However, overheating dryers are responsible for many house fires. The lint that can clog dryer vents is highly flammable. Couple this fact with a machine that is overheating, and you have a recipe for disaster.
- Reduce energy consumption – When your dryer ducts are clean, your machine will not have to work as hard to do its job drying clothes. Additionally, your clothes will dry more quickly, thus lowering your machine’s energy consumption and hopefully, your utility bills.
We hope this quick guide has helped you to understand the importance of performing regular dryer vent maintenance. If this is something that is on your to-do list, give the pros at Integrity Air Care a call, and let our friendly and knowledgeable technicians perform dryer duct cleaning to keep your unit in good working order.